Configuring your profile
After installing MunzStat you will find the MunzStat launcher icon in your app list:
When you open the app for the first time you need to configure it with the Munzee profile that you would like to monitor. MunzStat uses the Munzee API to access your profile’s data. A help screen is shown in which you are asked to add a user:
Press “Add user” to initiate the process. You will then be taken to a login form, which is hosted by Munzee. Enter your username and password and select “Allow access”. Note that MunzStat will never gain access to your password.
After authorizing MunzStat to access your profile’s data, you will get to the user settings screen. You can change these settings at any time.
The following settings are available:
- Auto-update only on Wi-Fi: With this option enabled the app will automatically update only if you logged onto a Wi-Fi network.
- Use live updates: The widget will automatically update itself every 30 minutes. If you enable live updates, the widget will update instantly when there is activity on your profile (captures, capture-ons, deploys).
- Notify on cap-ons: Enabling this feature will make the app show a notification whenever there is capture-on activity on the profile. This feature will only work when live updates are also enabled.
- Play sound: The notification will be accompanied by a sound
- Vibrate: The notification will make your device vibrate
Press “Save” to complete the initial configuration.
Using the app
The main feature of the app are placed on three pages that you can swipe left/right to switch between:
On the “Leaderboard” and “Points today” pages you can press the calendar icon in the blue bar to select another date to view. In the top of the screen there are further functions available:
- Refresh: Refreshes the data on the page
- Select user: Shows a list of your configured users and allows you to switch between them. This function is only visible if more than one user is configured.
- General settings: Settings that affect the app in general, for all configured user profiles
- User settings: Settings that are related to the current user profile
- Manage users: Allows you to add or remove a user profile
- User’s guide: Directs you to this page
- MunzStat on Facebook: Opens the MunzStat Facebook Page. You are very welcome to like the page to get updates on further development or to get information in case of any problems that may arise.
Some settings in the app affect its behavior for all configured user profiles. These are called the general settings:
For now there is a single setting:
- Quiet period: In the quiet period notifications will be silent and without vibration.
Adding the widget (optional)
To add the widget to the home screen you must find the “MunzStat” widget in the list of all widgets that can be added. The procedure differs between devices. For a beginner level guide, see How to Add Android Widgets to Your Phone’s Home Screen.
When adding the widget you simply select which of your configured profiles you wish to display in the widget:
The widget displays the sums of your activities today as well as the total score. It also supports displaying your level. There are three clickable areas on the widget, as pictured here:
When a user has a widget configured there are more options available:
The extra options are:
- Show profile name: Enables or disables the display of the profile name that the widget is configured for. This is handy when adding the widget multiple times because you want to monitor multiple profiles. If, on the other hand, you only have one profile to monitor, you can disable the profile name to make more space for the total score.
- Show total score: Enables or disables the display of your profile’s total score in the widget.
- Widget transparency: Controls how transparent the widget’s background is. The setting goes from 0 to 100, or from completely opaque to completely transparent.